View Single Post
Old 26-09-2014, 15:46   #794
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
It's called sports entertainment i do agree with you however that it would be better placed on channels such as Sky1. However it is most likely Skys doing that it is on Skysports, look at the US for example RAW is on the USA network which is a entertainment channel and Smackdown is on SYFY.
Exactly this.

Long ago, WWF (As it was then) was mainly shown on Sky One, but over time moved towards Sky Sports, with Sky One taking the 2nd tier stuff mainly.

Of course it's a fix, all pro wrestling is, but it's also fun and while I no longer watch it, I have fond memories of the likes of the Undertaker & Co.

At the end of the day Sky put the "top tier" Raw/Smackdown on Sky Sports to drive people towards the premium channels to gain more revenue, not the other way around, so complaining about it being on Sky Sports is counter intuitive. I bet if WWE wasn't on Sky Sports then the revenue lost would be greater than what they pay for the rights so would end up with Sky having a lower budget for other sports.

Still, the WWE having their own streaming solution may jeopardise this, which would show that wrestling fans will pay a premium for the content they want and I'm sure the UK WWE Network will be quite successful.