View Single Post
Old 26-09-2014, 14:55   #793
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I'm not saying they can't watch the product - they have every right to do so. But it's scripted entertainment, not sport. It can't be sport if there is no competitive element, and the competitive element in this instance is removed by it being scripted. So it has no place taking money from sports subscribers as far as I'm concerned. More to the point, WWE fans shouldn't have to pay a sports subscription to watch it! Put it on an entertainment channel and be honest about what it is.

I also have issues with the licence fee and the BBC in general.
It's called sports entertainment i do agree with you however that it would be better placed on channels such as Sky1.
However it is most likely Skys doing that it is on Skysports, look at the US for example RAW is on the USA network which is a entertainment channel and Smackdown is on SYFY.