View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 21:38   #12
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Advice needed - CCTV monitoring

The problem you get with some cameras is that they require ports opening on your router or port forwarding settings to be played with. The ones I have mentioned (UCam247) did not need any of that and worked more or less straight away. You simply join it to your wireless router. And make sure you turn on some good security settings/passwords, all easily done from within the cameras control panel. The only thing I did do which I would recommend is setting up a static IP address which requires you to log into your router and give your camera a fixed address. Works out better in the long run, especially if you have numerous devices or your router gets powered up/down regularly.

You then want to create an email account that can be used to send messages from the camera which again is fairly easy to do, just get the pop/imap settings from the Email provider and you can then get the cameras to send you alerts.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote