Thread: Ram?
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2012, 00:49   #27
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Ram?

I think you'll find DDR3 is 666Mhz and there's no such thing as 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM. Mine's been running as high as 900 but I never said DDR-3 specifically.

In any case going back, I've had
PC66 overclocked to 100Mhz
PC100 overclocked to 150Mhz
PC133 overclocked to 150Mhz
DDR-333 overclocked to 400Mhz
DDR2-533 overclocked to 800Mhz
DDR3-666 overclocked to 900Mhz

And that's without specifically trying to overclock the RAM.

---------- Post added at 00:49 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

Oh and I never said anything about unbranded stick of generic memory either, I said cheapest value RAM I could find, which has in the past included Ebuyer Value (PQI) Kingston ValueRAM, Corsair generic and Crucial generic.

Incidentally the highest overclock I've tried was simply setting the Ebuyer Value 533Mhz to 800 with no voltage or timing increase and it just worked out of the box, in a mixed size, mixed brand, mixed module setup.

I contend all this rubbish about matched pairs matched brands premium memory is just a load of *******s.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote