View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 22:11   #188
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Didn't say that and those aren't my facts, those are Lord Ashcroft's.

Well we could try investing more in areas where there are more poor people in order to allow them to become wealthier.

The ERDF was doing that in Cornwall especially due to it having a GDP of less than 75% the EU average, but also places like here, Leeds, through the Leeds Enterprise Partnership, though obviously that's going to stop and Westminster is unlikely to take up the slack, it'll be too busy fumbling for the £350 million a week that was allegedly going to be funding the NHS.

On another note here's an interesting graphic from Lord Ashcroft on motivations for voting one way or another. Surprising such an inclusive, caring, wealthy country would place such a premium on border controls and immigration when our immigration levels per head of population are considerably below those of countries like Canada, Australia and various others.

Likewise surprising so many people within our inclusive and caring country that voted to leave seem so vehemently against an EEA-EFTA solution when we leave the EU - it would restore the ability to control our own laws, after all.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

I used to be a strong advocate of direct democracy and power being placed as closely as possible to those it affected as I'm sure I said. Then I saw the result of this referendum and as I watched the coverage afterwards learned more and more about so may people's motivations for their vote and now really doubt that it's such a good idea.

Lots of people saying they were doing it as a protest vote and to stick the fingers up to the establishment. If the vote were held again on Monday remain would win by a country mile now the reality of it all has hit home.

I guess what's most ironic about your post is that while there you're being sarcastic in the post before your standard of English would be unacceptable for someone leaving primary school. Full stops are required at the end of each item in a list like that one. The rest I've emboldened. You're welcome.
wellthattoldme.,'...