View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:59   #19
arcamalpha2004

Re: Saddam To Be Hanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He isnt popular enough to be a martyr. He was not loved by the terrorists either, he sat back and profitted at the expense of his people and killed anyone who spoke out of line. He was did not get on with the terrorists and victimised his people

No one will miss him.

I can think of leaders close to home who frown on people who " speak out of line " or their lives are made a misery,and they profit at our expense, but the fact they are not killed makes it ok?
We will have to see how things turn out, I personally see an escalation, as if things can get any worse?

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felinix_Devotion View Post
I would like to first drag him through Iraq, making sure he remains awake, and in full on agony, before then cutting his hands off and then his feet, and leaving him with only enough medical care to keep him alive and awake, before making him live with no dinity on public tv for about 10years before finally letting the swine die in his own excriment.

Maybe these were the thoughts of sadam about his people?
I dont know if going through this whole scenario actually cures anything.
Ok he was found guilty, but will the execution of one person send out a warning to others? I do not hold much hope.