View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 23:06   #52
DLM2310
Inactive

DLM2310 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly Communications

I know this is an old thread but please read and take note:

I cannot stress enough as a partner of an ex-Kelly Communications/Fault Finder Engineer -and this is very much my own personal opinion from my perspective of this company.........

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, IF YOU VALUE YOU'RE SKILLS, ABILITY, SELF-ESTEEM AND FAMILY/PERSONAL TIME

My partner was paid on average less a week than I was paid per day, in fact I can't remember any given week he earned more in a week than I earned in a day (ok so I am on a good daily rate but really.....he has far more technical qualifications and experience than me)

They sent him everywhere but the area where he lived, he worked no more than 3 weeks out of 7 months anywhere close to where we live and he has never had a job in the city we live in hmmmmmmm.

On his last day they couldn't have got him further from home if they tried apart from maybe sending him to Scotland which just goes to show as far as I can see the mentality of the company (my personal opinion). On his second from last day, they didn't give him any work at all, I can only guess that was suppose to be some glitchy-ish thingy (probably an IT thingy thing) hmmmmmmm

They would drop early morning meetings on him at the last minute and disrupt my early morning pre-arranged, pre-planned, well organised (some of us can plan more than 12 hours in advance) meetings and we have a child where childcare and drop off had to be arranged in advance.

His training was at best basic and he had no real on-going mentoring.

I would never have taken the communications from my managers that I saw come through from his and I work in a very male dominated industry but I have yet to have a manager speak to me in the context he received that I saw.

I have a son who is of army joining age and quite honestly (and you will not very often if ever hear a loving, committed and doting mother say this), I would rather he joined the army and fought on the front line in The Helmand Province than work for this company and that is my very honest heartfelt personal opinion, at least he would have a decent wage in comparison, some respect for his skills and role, decent training, relevant equipment and some self-respect.

Anyway, that's my opinion, take on-board what you will but this is my own personal opinion based on what I have seen, heard and lived. I begged my partner to give his job up and he didn't put up much of a fight about it, says alot in itself. I have even offered to pay any and all of his costs that he is required to pay such a training costs etc so that he can leave the company, that is how unhappy I am/was with him working for the company.

I actually worked out that he would take home more net earnings a week if he worked in a local shop on minimum wage between 9am - 3pm and I paid him £4.00 per hour childcare fees that I pay to our childminder (£95 per week).
DLM2310 is offline   Reply With Quote