View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 22:56   #31
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Superhub & Virgin Media Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Masque works with residential so you can't blame him for lack of knowledge for business.

If I were a business customer though wishing to upgrade I'd be afraid, very afraid!
I agree which is why I was seeking clarification as it sounded as if he may have missed the fact this was about the business services and not residential.

I am a customer of VM Business on their 10 Mb/s service with 'fixed' IP address, and keen to upgrade to their 50 Mb/s service, which was originally due to be launched on 31st May, but has been delayed some 3 weeks.

Given that the way they will provide the true static IP addresses (and static IP subnets) will be via an L2TP tunnel on the router there will be no option to use Modem only mode.

Given the service has been absolutely rock solid stable for the past three years using a Scientific Atlanta modem connected my my own Cisco 881W router I am keen to find out as much as I can about how the new service will be provided before making a decision on upgrade.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote