View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:00   #3657
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I get the theory but the facts don't prove it. Take a Remain borough like Richmond. Very few Commonwealth citizens but plenty of EU nationals who couldn't vote. The borough voted Remain.
You have some very wealthy London boroughs like Richmond where all the "elites" live. Google "Islington Sect", if you're not familiar with the term. A few liberals live there too...I would need to check the demographics in those boroughs, but I'm not so sure they are majority British. The Chinese and Arabs own central London now...

But places like Richmond are filled with bankers and media types etc who voted to stay in because of all the cheap foreign labour. The term "Polish Plumber" is very popular in London. So these boroughs, are not representative of how the majority of the population voted.

I'll check the demographics tomorrow, because as said, I don't think they are majority British in any case. But if they are, that would be the reason. They are the rich areas that benefit from foreign labour.

There are 32 London boroughs and the demographics in them are pretty clear. Just not sure about Richmond and a few others. You pick Richmond, I pick Tower Hamlets.

Last edited by Horizon; 04-01-2017 at 01:12.