View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:29   #65
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Local elections 2012

Ignitionnet,

>>EDIT: I think I will follow in the example of many from your generation though and simply ignore you. I appreciate the truth is unpleasant and it's always better to hear what you want to and read what you want to.<<

Perhaps that may be a good idea but don't expect me to reciprocate.

I do not understand your point of view and guess that you will never understand mine.

You and the article authors from whom you have quoted in the past always allocate blame for their circumstances to others. There are many sayings regarding blame allocation and should you choose, you can pick the most appropriate.

What an amusing rant you had.

Of course my house was built on a green field site and in retrospect it was wrong so my neighbours and I fight tooth and nail when there is any threat to the green and pleasant land over which we look. Nimbyism is indeed alive and well.

I do live in a sizeable house and am pleased to have neighbours who are professionals probably on similar income levels to yours. As I have stated before, I care not what the value of my house is as I shall not be selling it. It is my home, nothing more and nothing less. If somebody stupid enough to pay the going market rate eventually pays silly money for it it will be the market forces at play and I guess you won't be in the queue to make my children richer than they already are.

Parasites is a little rich. My children and grandchildren will enjoy a trickle down torrent at some point which if you are not eventually going to be so fortunate will give you something else to blame. Maybe the Conservatives will get in next time and up inheritance tax thresholds to a million per parent and then you can really rant.

I do not recall that you had to wait to have a child (given your age and previously quoted age of your child). You choose to live where you do and thereby pay the going rent. I doubt that whatever you live in would remain empty for long so guess that your complaints about market forces are a contortion of what you are part of so as to make some ludicrous point. You made a choice and if rent decimates your income, move

I have one of those final salary pensions complete with indexing but I paid for it, in the manner that I believe you do. Fortunately I paid during a period when compounding really turned small money into big money as though by magic. Even with compounding it took longer than you have been alive to create a sizeable pot. If your are referring to unfunded pensions which are a Ponzi scheme the I suggest you take that matter up with the governmental parties.

Nice to see that you are unconcerned about poor rich pensioners losing so much of their unearned income to inflation. I take comfort from the fact that interest rates hold up the housing market, at the expense of investors which keeps my children out of the negative equity of a housing crash. It makes no difference to me if the housing market crashes but it would to my children and the unfortunate fact that it doesn't help you is unfortunate.

So much for the fun of responding to you and knowing that you probably will not read the reply. I really do think its pathetic that you try to garner support from young people affected by the recession in desperately unfortunate ways when you have proudly alluded to an income approaching 4X the national average. I have sympathy for those people which I find elusive for your arguments.
Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote