View Single Post
Old 20-04-2024, 22:55   #2774
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Russia has invaded Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
They’ll spend most of it, that’s American jobs after all. Whether it moves the dial on the front line is another question entirely. The odd terrorist attack does not a successful counteroffensive make.

Then we get all the excitement all over again in six months time, when the house can stall until the next President pulls the plug.
Strange - Russia bombing the ordure out of Ukrainian civilian targets passes without comment from you, but when Ukraine hits military targets or oil/weapon production sites within Russia, they’re "terrorists"?

You’re not even pretending not to be pro-Putin now, are you?

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I'm at the front of the queue to argue that Europe needs political, economic and military independence from the US. I don't think arguing over a third of Ukraine populated by ethnic Russians is likely to be the line in the sand for it though. Easier to tell Zelensky to get his pen out, arm the expanded NATO front line and develop from there.

The bogging Putin down argument has lost value for the Americans there's no reason to believe it should have more value this side of the Atlantic.
You really are going full Pravda this evening - only 17% of Ukrainians are ethnically Russia, just over a sixth, not a third…

Quote:
Overall, 77.8% of Ukraine’s population self-identified as ethnically Ukrainian and 17.3% as ethnically Russian
https://www.eurac.edu/en/blogs/mobil...-s-complicated
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote