View Single Post
Old 26-03-2006, 18:47   #26
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] NTL Set top box + D-Link DI-524 Router help needed please..

Well, after spending many frustrating hours , I think i have finally sorted it. After asking a question on the ZA forums I was advised to try disabling the 'Load on startup' setting in ZA Pro. I did this and the PC booted perfectly. more or less confirming my suspicions that a conflict between the router and ZA Pro was at the root of my problems. One of the ZA forum guru's was very surprised by this and had never encountered it before.

The strange thing was that even though ZA was not loaded and the PC booted up OK, when I checked Control Panel/Security Center, it reported that ZA Pro was running even though a check via Task Manager showed no sign of the various components of ZA.

I downloaded a fresh copy of ZA Pro, uninstalled the old copy and reinstalled.
The PC is now booting perfectly, all Start up programs including ZA Pro load without a hitch.

ATM the fresh install has all my original program settings in situ but the only things in the Firewall Trusted Zone are 'New Network' & 'Loop back Adapter'
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote