View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 21:19   #66
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Making progress now Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
From what she said, the answer was yes. However, as i'm currently housebound, the internet and TV are my main forms of entertainment and contact with the outside world. She abruptly said that VM don't give anything over and above a refund equal to the cost of the service lost, which I found unacceptable. When I asked for the matter to be escelated, she initially tried to discourage me and then outright refused.
So you were offered the contractual amount but wanted more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I do believe that extra is due for any inconvenience or problems that outages cause eg if my electricity went down for a day, I wouldn't be happy to receive only an amount equal to one days standing charge with the promise that I wouldn't be charged for the usual consumption that I hadn't used for that day, that wouldn't be the point!
Again it's all down to T&C's, many utility suppliers will offer additional compensation however VM doesn't. I don't understand what point you are trying to make re electricity usage.

Here's my take on it:

I can see no reason why this issue should have been escalated. it would not be unreasonable to draw the conclusion from reading your post that perhaps your attitude towards VM is already more negative than positive and you had some preconceived ideas about entitlement. When the correct level of compensation was offered you challenged the call handler who stuck to policy which you decided did not apply to you. Perhaps there was then a bit of "Do you know who I am?" here and when you didn't get your way it all kicked off.

Whilst VM services may be your main forms of entertainment and contact with the outside world, there's still radio, mobile phones, DVD and video players which would have been more than adequate I'm sure. By having these alternatives I see no reason why you think you are entitled to more than you are contractually due.

Regards
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote