View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 18:00   #7
PaulTompson
Inactive

PaulTompson is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cable line cut by construction next door

I have just phoned construction again today and it seems that I am back where I started before Easter. The person on the phone straight away said it was not possible to install a temporary cable and refused to pass on any enquiries of a temporary fix to the local contractors. As i said 10 meters away my neighbours can get cable service so there has to be ducting somewhere. When I ask him whether he has enough information about the local area to back up his stance the line cut off.

It seems that nothing constructive is going on and I am left in the dark. If i know i will have to wait another month i would have cancelled.

If someone on the forums has contacts i would be extremely grateful if this case can be passed on to them. I will also be sending an email to the CEO team as suggested above.

However I am not sure how i would be able to get a claim from the builders as the cable and ducting destroyed are Virgin Media's property.

Are there any alternatives to mobile broadband for a temporary solution. I see ISPs with monthly contracts but i have not found any monthly line rentals.
PaulTompson is offline   Reply With Quote