View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 18:28   #10
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Hospital Car Park Charges - Morally Wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie_365
Or want somewhere free to park while they pop round to the shops.

I think hospitals should charge the going rate for parking - but just make it easy so that people don't have to worry about running out of time, finding a new space, etc every couple of hours.

And if a hospital subsidises car drivers by offering free parking, it should also subsidise non-drivers by paying for anyone's tube/train/bus fare too.
I get your point but:
- people rarely go to hospital out of choice
- we already pay enough towards the NHS without it then charging us to use it
-in times of crisis (which is when we often need to visit hospitals) the last thing we want to have to worry about is having the change for parking.

I have lost count of the number of times I have had to make night time dashes to hospitals to find that I am in danger of getting fined/clamped whilst visiting someone at deaths door.