View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 16:29   #4
Nugget
Inactive

Services: Will provide gags for cash
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Nugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered starsNugget is seeing silvered stars
Re: Hospital Car Park Charges - Morally Wrong?

I have to say that, as a way of providing some income for hospitals, I don't particularly have a probelm with it.

However, where they do go wrong is in the way that it's administered. When Mother-in-Law Nug was in hospital a couple of years ago, you bought a ticket much the same as you would at a supermarket, and it covered you for 24 hours. Unfortuanately, they now have barriers on all of the car parks at Grimsby hospital so, whereas it would technically only cost £1.50 to park all day, that would involve leaving the car there all day.

In my experience, what actually happened when Mrs Nug went in to have Baby Nug was that, because I had to shuttle back and forth quite a lot (to meet family and whatnot), it costed anything from 3 quid a day to £7.50.

Therefore, while I don't think it's morally wrong per se, I do believe that, at least in Grimsbys case, they should provide more for people who are likely to be making more than 1 visit a day.
Nugget is offline   Reply With Quote