View Single Post
Old 22-01-2016, 15:00   #10827
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
On the 12th January while I was at the hospital for a routine check up the Doctor said that he wanted to check something out. I was quite upset yesterday when a appointment for the Day Surgery Unit arrived and stated that the procedure of Flexible Sigmoidoscopy did not require sedation and I will be fully awake during it. I phoned the hospital today who said that is correct you do not require sedation so I asked to speak to someone that deals with anxious patients and was put through to the Endoscopy nurse and she was indeed very nice and understood my fears, she said that she is putting on my notes that I wish sedation she even gave me her name just in case their is any problems. Feeling better about the procedure now. I just did not fancy being awake during it, I much prefer the thought of co-operative sedation that has an amnesic effect where I am unlikely to remember the procedure.

Now that's what I call a true Nurse someone that reassures the patient and truly cares. I have emailed the hospital with praise for this lady at putting my mind at rest.

Just not looking forward to the Moviprep it really does taste disgusting
Best of luck Weenie. A good mate of mine has been through this twice in the last coupled of months and it wasn't as unpleasant as he'd feared. Anyway I'm sure your family will ensure you get plenty of TLC before and after.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote