View Single Post
Old 05-10-2014, 12:22   #2411
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The iPhone thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
iPhone 6: 61 hrs Endurance (Sept)

Sony Z3: 85 hrs Endurance (Sept)
Sony Z3 Compact: 101 hrs Endurance (Sept) Equivalent sized screen, slightly smaller body due to more efficient use of bezels

The only one I'll give you as 'beating' is this.
Moto X 2014: 48 hrs Endurance (Sept)

So well done, you beat one flagship out of 6 (and 3 of those were last seasons tech)

go Apple!
The Z3 does have phenomenal battery life but other than the Z3 there isn't a whole lot of difference between those flagships. Certainly not enough to warrant such criticism over the battery life. If you want bad battery life then take a look at my Nexus 5. That is problematic battery life. I would also point out the difference between Android and iOS in standby time. iOS has always been better than Android at stopping apps running amok when the phone isn't doing anything. These aren't things that are easy to test when you're spamming the device in the way these battery tests do.

The iPhone 6 hasn't got battery life to write home about but neither does it seem especially poor either. It's just average. The iPhone 6 Plus seems to have great battery life.

You could look at the performance table on that site and the iPhone outperforms almost all of those flagships: http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone...iew-1141p5.php

None of this matters too much to people anyway. People like the advice because of the look and feel of the hardware and software and if you like iOS then this seems like a solid upgrade. Especially when developers start making use of the additional features like handoff.

I never understand why people have just animosity for a product. You don't have to buy an iPhone but clearly there are a lot of people who whom this device is well suited. The reviews aren't slating Apple either despite your assertion that they are. The GSMArena one is cautiously positive, Ars Technica is mostly positive, AnandTech is also quite positive.

Overall the iPhone has been well received. Personally as an Android user and a former iPhone user I am always interested to see what Apple does. They always have nice feeling hardware and smooth software. iOS is still better than Android in terms of usage and UI as far as I am concerned and their hardware is often interesting, especially their dedicated chipsets. They've moved to 64 bit already and the gradual approach to this is interesting. As is stuff like Touch ID and Apple Pay.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote