View Single Post
Old 24-03-2010, 11:18   #48
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Thanks guys for all the support and advice. Have spoken to solicitor, they say there is a possibility of commiting criminal damage if I cut the cable deliberately. Dont know what happens if there was an "ACCIDENT".
Had a meeting here this Monday with Reps from BT, Carrilion their contractor and Cobra who are contractors to Carillion for this job. Agreement has been reached that the cable will be redirected outside my property and go along to and down my neighbours garden.
I have told them I dont want them digging up the trench on my garden to pull the existing installation out, dont see the point in letting them make any more mess. They all would have been content to leave things as they were and for Cobra to send a couple of blokes to tidy the garden. They tried to convince me that the turf on their trench would would disappear, I know from first hand experience that is not the case. Tomorrow a landscape company is coming to give me a quote to returf the lawn. Their estimate will be forwarded to BTs claims dept who have sent me a claims form.
Thanks again for the confidence you have given me to push this forward.
PAUL: Thanks, I have been helped by someone in BT who made the contact between Openreach and myself and has kept in contact with me by phone and email to this point.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote