View Single Post
Old 18-09-2012, 12:00   #108
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Tough shoes to fill, and a tough job. You've only got to look at Simon Lazenby to realise how easy it is to be a pretty awful f1 anchor. Lee Mackenzie has done well when she's had to step in during the commonwealth games, European championships etc and would be the obvious immediate, and cheap replacement, but I wonder if the BBC will feel they need to push the boat out a bit in order to remain a credible f1 broadcaster. They currently enjoy good access to the teams, in part because they continue to enjoy good viewing figures and the sponsors are visible, but viewing figures are down on last season and the departure of Jake won't help that.

Also of interest is that bt's sports channel appears to be beginning to take shape. I wonder if we can expect some sort of announcemen soon ish? I would have thought they'd be keen to get that, and their youview box, out sooner rather than later, because despite all the investment they must be losing out to talk talk youview with now TV.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote