Thread: Ff 13
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 15:54   #10
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Ff 13

Well I have it and have played the first three chapters upto now. I can understand were the negative reviews came from as most of them are aimed at how linier the game is. Though long time FF fans like me will know that this is not the way the FF games normally play out.

That being said I am still really enjoying it. The GFX ingame still put some other games to shame and the CG scenes really are something special as we've come to know and expect from an FF game now.

Again the battle system is very diffrent but its always been diffrent each game released. Okay this one is much more changed than ever before with you only controlling the party leader in battle but you can change the way other party members support you i.e relentless attack(everyone will attack what you are) or others were one party member will sheild while one cures leaving you to attack or do whatever you want. This can all be changed in-battle to and you can make your own variations outside to use next time in battle.

Story wise its not the best they've ever written but its not bad. I'm still waiting for it to come into its own actually. You don't get to know everything right away but thats not a bad thing imo.

Overall I think its still a good game. They have tried to change things up and take it in a diffrent direction and like anything that takes this approach its going to split its fans.

One last thing I would say is don't be put off in the first hour or so of gameplay. It takes awhile before all the battle system is explained and unlocked but starts to become much more enjoyable after this.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote