View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 16:28   #23
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
Re: The nintendo wii media and information thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
How was the Wiimote, Punky? Did it feel instinctive and natural to hold/play with, or was it obtrusive and just gimmicky?
Felt quite comfortable and instinctive. It seemed to interpret my moves fine. I played the tennis and didn't have any problems. You can smash, forehand, backhand, etc. and everything was translated fine.

What seemed cool is watching someone during the baseball, it seems to be able to track your arm moveent in space and translate that to the bat (didn't play that game for myself, so can't say for sure). I.e. the bat would swing back and forth in proportion to how much you swing the wiimote. Like VR. So its not like one movement is equal to one swing... Its all relative.

Wii sports is fairly primative though, unfortunately.

I think the controller could tire you out easily. However, you don't need to wildly swing your arms about... You can just pivot your wrist and that works. However, I think with FPS games, you'll have to keep holding your hand up which will ache very quickly.

I am still gonna wait for COD3 and Far Cry before if I decide I am getting one. For the hand/wrist-acheyness/tiredness as much as the graphics.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote