View Single Post
Old 22-12-2016, 22:25   #1234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US Election 2016

I think 2017 could be quite bad if the 'movements' (can't think of a better word) which showed a rebellion against the perceived establishment, Brexit and Trump especially, don't deliver better conditions for those who rebelled. Maybe 2018 instead because Brexit will take time but if immigration doesn't go down, if wages don't go up or jobs don't get better then we might have an even bigger problem.

I think within a couple of election cycles we're going to see the automation cause even bigger problems for people than we see now. I saw a map the other day of the United States which showed just how many of those states have 'truck driver' as the largest single occupation and self-driving trucks, especially on motorways, aren't that far off. Uber are effectively betting their future on self-driving cabs.

The main worry with Trump (other than foreign policy) is who he'll blame if things start to go wrong.