View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 22:05   #2484
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's interesting that Trump's fans criticised Obama for spending so much time Golfing, when they are happy for Trump to spend more time.

It's also interesting that they allow Trump to get away placing his own businesses under the control of his children, when the normal procedure is to place them under the control of a blind trust. This, as I understand it, is legal, but morally, it is dubious (a bit like Clinton funding the DNC, which I noticed Trump fans are happy to shout about).

What I do not understand is how ANYONE can not see that Trump is arguably profiting from his term as the President of the USA, while pushing the fact he is donating his salary to charity. As noted above by Hugh, Camp David already provides facilities for Presidential protection, and I'd argue that because it has been the President's 2nd home for decades, it's probably an order of magnitude more secure than a commercial resort (which is essentially what Mar-A-Lago is).

This, to me, doesn't feel like an action that someone who is truly in interested in getting the best for the American people, and not just in it for how he can profit, would take.
I doubt even the biggest Trump fan boy would deny Trump's corruption in the circumstances you have outlined above.