View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 13:05   #2483
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But they only go there because Trump wants to play golf, not business - isn't it a conflict of interest with him going to somewhere he makes a profit on his staff having to attend only because he goes there?

He has spent 96 days at Trump Properties whilst he has been President, 76 of those at Trump golf properties - the Secret Service wouldn't have to hire golf buggies and pay out so much money if he didn't spend so much time there.

If they go to Camp David, they don't have pay for accommodation or transport...
It's interesting that Trump's fans criticised Obama for spending so much time Golfing, when they are happy for Trump to spend more time.

It's also interesting that they allow Trump to get away placing his own businesses under the control of his children, when the normal procedure is to place them under the control of a blind trust. This, as I understand it, is legal, but morally, it is dubious (a bit like Clinton funding the DNC, which I noticed Trump fans are happy to shout about).

What I do not understand is how ANYONE can not see that Trump is arguably profiting from his term as the President of the USA, while pushing the fact he is donating his salary to charity. As noted above by Hugh, Camp David already provides facilities for Presidential protection, and I'd argue that because it has been the President's 2nd home for decades, it's probably an order of magnitude more secure than a commercial resort (which is essentially what Mar-A-Lago is).

This, to me, doesn't feel like an action that someone who is truly in interested in getting the best for the American people, and not just in it for how he can profit, would take.