View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 00:28   #14
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Netflix set to fight sky over film deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It's the tv and movie studios you also want to be blaming

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/tech...146735265.html
A very interesting read. It sounds like a hurdle Netflix might never get over. Personally I'd be happy if companies like Lovefilm and Netflix could offer streamed movies at the same time as their DVD release on a package basis. When I was with Lovefilm about 4 years ago I paid something like £14.99 for 3discs at a time. I think the most I managed to squeeze out of them in a month was 22 rentals.

I'd happily pay Netflix / Lovefilm £14.99 per month to stream up to 20 hours of the latest content per month. You'd get through about 10 or 12 films each month before using your 20 hour limit for the month. Only problem seems to be that on Lovefilm, Filmflex, SKY Box Office and Blockbuster video the going rate to rent the latest movies is about £3.50. Until rental prices drop across the board, streaming sites will struggle to offer really impressive packages at enticing rates.

I just think there are so many barriers in the way stopping Lovefilm and Netflix delivering what movie fans want, at a price movie fans will pay. I'm very dubious Netflix or Lovefilm will ever be a massive success in terms of streaming in the UK. I'm all for a cheaper alternative to SKY but it's such a tough market, especially with SKY Now coming soon too.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote