View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 16:25   #7
Kizza
Inactive

Kizza is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

jb66,

As someone not working in, or familiar with, the cable installation business, I was not aware of this normality. And my crystal ball is broken so I failed to predict it.

Perhaps it would've been more professional of Virgin to point out the unavailibility of white cable prior to ruining the appearance of our building, and now creating a situation where it's all going to have to be removed?

Whereas I haven't come across this situation before, I assume Virgin would have.

On the plus side, no-one here has subscribed to Virgin yet so it's not our time and money being wasted.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Your building was pre-wired by the sounds of it. The coiled cable will be because the contractors couldnt drill every apartment and will leave that to the install teams that come to connect customers.

Unfortunately there is no white cable, external cable is black but theres nothing stopping the cable being painted.

Want to drop me the details of your building and I will pass this on to the local field team to look at again?
Yes please, thanks. I'll PM you if that's possible on here.

P.S re painting the cable white: the cabling is very high in places, inaccessible to anyone without ladders and safety equipment, or scaffolding.