View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 10:52   #9
Siob
Inactive

Siob is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Porting from VMB to VM

Hi there I spotted this thread thru google following any help for my own phone issues!

I'm in a similar position and was trying to port my VMB number to VM but was informed by VMB not possible, company do not allow etc a few months ago but you could call VM to see if they can reduce costs etc then on speaking to VM(I already have a residential package as well) was told YES you can, but not a direct port would have to cancel business line and VM did a form that would allow them to pick up the number as soon as disconnected hooray, the CSA I spoke to went and talked to other staff and spent some time investigating as I queried any gap between line changing over, she reassured me that by them doing this form it would be switched with immediate effect and advised me to give notice to VMB! BUT following the month's notice and subsequent disconnect of VMB line VM were unable to get the number, I spent 6hrs approx over 6 days with various customer advisors, then managers trying to sort out only to be finally told that it couldn't be done and I might not even get my number back but to contact VMB to try and reconnect ARGH, I spoke to ofcom at one point and despite their advice that I can keep my number according to VM seems like if it's from VMB to VM they won't .
(I had hoped to save money from an extra unnecessary phone line, business is mobile and a few hours a week, and put it back into VM by taking up extra TV tivo etc)
Yesterday VMB managed to save my number but I'm at a loss and sorely aggrieved from all the hassle been through, VM have given me a £30 credit but that doesn't even pay my mobile phone charges calling them as I was away at a family wedding when it all happened.

weesteev help! Any thoughts on this?

Sorry as a newbie to immediately be crying out for help!! And thanks in advance for any ideas/thoughts
Siob is offline   Reply With Quote