View Single Post
Old 24-10-2011, 11:28   #7
Helen82
Inactive

Helen82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Permanent Number Withhold - not available?

Hi

I'm having the same problem. I have just moved all my services (last week), phone, tv and broadband over to Virgin Media from BT. During the sales call I stipulated that I wanted number withheld and was told that this was OK. (It's also promoted on the Virgin website as an available service) Last week I noticed that it wasn't on (together with caller display) and was assured that it would be on within 24 hours.

Caller display was on the next day but number withheld is still not on. I telephoned Virgin today to be told it is not possible to have this as it wasn't available in my area, it's not available on the switch that has been used to connect my services. I was then put through to a Customer Services Operator who told me exactly the same.

I can't believe a company the size of Virgin Media with the coverage round my area (about 85%) cannot accommodate number withheld.

I will be cancelling all my services with Virgin and either going back to BT (who did provide number withheld) or finding another company that does provide this service.

Ann
Helen82 is offline   Reply With Quote