View Single Post
Old 18-03-2017, 08:12   #3029
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidpath View Post
The question I have is the whether the upstairs V6 box will plug into the existing cabling – and work seamlessly with the other V6 box – or whether I should prepare for the second box (I do not want to hold up the delayed installation – should have I have additional cabling installed or invest in ‘powerlines’)
The 2nd V6 will connect to the existing cabling. But it also needs a connection to your SuperHub (it needs this even if you don't want to share recordings between V6's). Hopefully this will work fine using Wi-Fi, but that depends on the signal quality, which can't really be predicted. I suggest you do nothing for now, and see how it goes when you try Wi-Fi. If you have trouble getting it to work with Wi-Fi, post back here and we'll try to help.

ps. Welcome to the forum
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote