Thread: Tivo V6 Sky Cinema Question
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:39   #9
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Sky Cinema Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I think this comes back to the old problem of how VOD operates on VM's systems, particularly with HD. Most of the VOD on VM is still provided using unique broadcast streams in the TV part of the system rather than via Broadband. These streams can be unique to each network segment, but if the capacity becomes saturated then errors start popping up. HD is still transmitted mostly in MPEG2 which reduces the available capacity in the segment further.
It's a perfectly valid point, and I suppose the VOD people know more about the nature & cause of error-319 than us mere customers.

But in the case of Sky OD programs, my error-319s are quite evidently asset-related. I can list particular titles that consistently don't play, while others do. It can be replicated perfectly at any given time of day
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote