View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:20   #4028
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Andrew, you really need to stop posting crappy artlicles that hold no basis whatsoever as to why or how people voted the way they did. Posting crap like that is just being provocative. It's another attempt to try and justify and ridicule brexiteers. .
Mick,
1) I do not post crappy articles and I find your description inflammatory and disappointing. I do not need to justify the credentials of the BBC to you or anyone. It is an authoritative source.
2) Why do you think the article is provocative? If you feel the article is provocative then please state why you feel that it is and don't shoot the messenger. If you can do this effectively then people's views on the article may change. Calling it crap does not generally work unless you're preaching to the converted which serves little purpose.
3) I am not ridiculing anyone. I've good friends who voted both ways and feel strongly about their views. There's nothing in there that would offend them.
4) Please do not try and read my mind. My objective is to contribute useful discussion points to the debate. We all fail in this area from time to time but this is not one of those occasions for me.

---------- Post added at 12:20 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's not a study showing why people voted the way they did but the demographics of the areas that did. It's not too different to the wider picture that we knew from the night. I don't see the harm in better understanding the demographics of the vote.
I honestly don't see the harm in such analysis either and personally I find it interesting.