View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 15:05   #47
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Crisis in the NHS

So yes, I am in agreement that the government has much to do, I do not just solely blame Unskilled migration for the NHS problems. Yes, I agree there is also many issues with our own British born residents, obesity, alcoholism, even the aging population. A lot of the beds are taken up by elderly people, waiting to be either sent home and cared for there, or waiting to go in to a care home.

The problems have not just suddenly appeared over night, they have been gradually getting worse and the problem has just been routinely ignored until where we are right now.

Also, the opposition does not get away with the blame either. Where is her Majesty's official opposition party ? Ok Corbyn has stated, Mrs. May, needs to answer for the crisis, but it is not enough, why are they not asking the most basic questions and demanding answers ? Call me ignorant but I had to look up who the current Shadow Health Secretary was (It's Jon Ashworth). Where is he? Why is he not putting forward an urgent question?

With such weak opposition, the government will just plough on regardless and while I support the Tories and voted for them in the last two General Elections, I still expect a strong opposition to keep them in line, ask the questions that need to be asked and that is not happening under the current leadership but that's a whole different topic.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote