View Single Post
Old 25-03-2017, 18:58   #1157
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
HBO Nordic is a perfect example of this that one includes other networks too such as Showtime, Amc etc.
Hopefully, something like this will show up in the UK before long. Ultimately, I hope that we will have much better availability of services that is the norm in the US so that there is rather less of a divide between us.

As we become more global in our outlook, this may ultimately wrong foot Sky with their obsession in respect to exclusivity of content. I don't have any problem with exclusivity of first run rights, but the contract they have currently with HBO is just plain wrong. How long has Game of Thrones been locked into Sky satellite subscribers only? It's just not right.

No wonder there is a piracy problem!

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Not impossible...but not easy.
Trouble is, they're all licensed to Sky or BT and have different renewal dates.
It is very easy. HBO enter into a contract for first run rights only. Even first and second is acceptable. As long as there are good time constaints. I wouldn't mind at all if I had to wait for 12 months, but after that, it starts to become unreasonable, in my view.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote