View Single Post
Old 23-03-2017, 10:07   #3
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media, sold upgrade not informed of upload limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazid View Post
I recently upgraded my plan..........Pretty fuming right now. Any input or suggestions of what to do next appreciated.
As you mention it is an upgrade which means you was on a lower tier which was also subject to the same traffic management policies and % reduction in speeds. Increased upload speed just means you can upload more per hour before you hit the threshold and the management takes effect. Although the policy is in effect between 1600-2300, your upload quota isn't a total limit measured over that period. Years ago it used to be the case that if you reached something like 4.5gb by 1800 then you were screwed till 2300. It now operates on an hourly basis and tbh dude I am on the same tier as you and do a lot of uploading and struggle to be affected by it. Once you know what the average upload speed is to hit that hourly threshold you can make sure you keep yourself just below it. Even so, if you do hit the threshold you go down to 500k/sec for 1 hour which is a modest speed imho.

Anyways, if you want a truly unmanaged tier then you might want to consider the 200mbit "gamer" tier which is 200/20 and the upload is not managed at all.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote