View Single Post
Old 26-09-2014, 17:35   #799
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I'm not saying they can't watch the product - they have every right to do so. But it's scripted entertainment, not sport. It can't be sport if there is no competitive element, and the competitive element in this instance is removed by it being scripted. So it has no place taking money from sports subscribers as far as I'm concerned. More to the point, WWE fans shouldn't have to pay a sports subscription to watch it! Put it on an entertainment channel and be honest about what it is.

I also have issues with the licence fee and the BBC in general.
Sky put it on Sports channels.

In the US it is NOT on sports channels - SyFy and USA Network show them.

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I don't think that you can judge the above sports against WWE imo.
You said it was fixed - that implies it pretends to be real.

If you watch it you will see it makes it clear it is a show.

Sky confuse things by putting it on Sky Sports - which I expect it does as it can charge a premium for it.