View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 23:01   #21
daycartes
Inactive

daycartes can only hope to improve
Re: What do i need to set up freesat tv.

Well at last you have come up with some advantages. I've been waiting all day though. Lets have a look to see what you came up with:
red button, I've always wanted one of those.
multi-screens, Yeah great i've always wanted to see 4 pictures at once. Is there 4 audio channels as well? (I use 4 as an example of multi)
interactive, yeah OK what can we do with that then?
youtube, computer does that without affecting other peoples enjoyment of the telly,
web browsers, computer does that without affecting other peoples enjoyment of the telly,
more enhanced PVR, OK this is a good advantage.
local settings..... not really sure what you mean by this - care to elucidate?
and the most important thing for all freesat receivers is a fully supported firmware that will be updated as the systems and features change. Good but i've not needed it as the Ross system is ok out of the box.

Oh and I'm rather puzzled why you both are SO angry when someone has an opinion different to yours.

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

Oh Kymmy could you explain why this is the case:

@ everyone else: Weather shouldn't effect a DVB-S system unless the dish is off.

I certainly remember from my electronics training that during inclement weather we used to switch from linear polarisation to circular as circular was less affected by raindrops. Now this was a long time ago and things may have changed.

Please try to back up your assertions with some sort of technical know how instead of making blank(et) statements.

Honestly I'm here to learn more Please baffle me with science.
daycartes is offline   Reply With Quote