View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 16:38   #18
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: Ford Focus 2002+ipod

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
Oh dear, nothing is ever simple is it. I had the option of buying the car with the Ipod connector gear all fitted as well, but opted for the bluetooth instead. Thanks anyway
I popped to the dealer today to order a cable for mine and apparently you can control the ipod via the stalky bits if even you have the 6000 head providing it is the newer one (2006 onwards I think) and you also have the bluetooth control box with the usb connection.

I connected my nano up at the weekend using the ipod usb cable and 3.5mm cable and found that I had to turn the stereo up past 20 to get a decent volume even with the ipod turned up all the way and even then it sounded a bit weak and tinny. The dedicated Ford connection cable which takes both the line out and control feed from the ipod dock port is supposed to sort this problem out.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote