View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:16   #2009
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I think there's a whole lot of folks in Scotland only hearing what they want to hear right now and of course Salmond's always been the embodiment of presentation over substance. I'm not sure they fully appreciate that if it all goes pear shaped there's no way back.
I don't think they do.

My wife is Scottish and she lives here with me in England, she's engaged quite a few old friends in Scotland, and once the veneer of friendliness has worn off, it generally degenerates to 'well its nowt to do with you, you don't live here any more, you have no say - besides you don't know what you're talking about'.

Then we invariably get directed to 'Wings over Scotland' or some such comedy site.

I genuinely now think that enough Scots have been sold by the 'English oppressors' line (yes really...) that they'll vote for iScotland regardless of any consequences.

I also believe once salmonds make-it-up-as-you-go politics fall apart, it'll end up - somehow - being the English's fault again.

One things for sure though, whatever the outcome, there now exists a massive undercurrent of bad feeling between the Scottish & English people that just didn't exist before.

Than's Cameron for being a limp wristed indecisive politician... and thank YOU Blair for allowing Devolution to start this whole sorry mess starting - way to go fellas.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote