View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 15:29   #1
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Money/Economics/Savings query

I'm probably going to come into a reasonable sized inheritance in the next 12- 18 mths

I'm looking at alternative forms of 'banking' or investment to put some of this to good use, whilst I haven't given it substantial thought yet, one idea that crossed my mind was perhaps buying outright a property, probably a decent flat in a managed high rise complex (not a **** one) that's local, where they go for around 50-70k

then perhaps renting it out through an Estate agent/letting agency.

First impression thinking, that it's property owned so that you're holding something of value, and it's working for me by providing xx/month income.

Good idea/Bad idea?

Any really bad pitfalls?

Alternatively, what else is worth looking into besides high interest bank accounts
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote