View Single Post
Old 25-05-2008, 11:16   #8
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Freesat from Sky and hacking the STB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-cable-guy View Post
i dont see what your getting at ? the channels that you are on about are FTA on Freeview however they never have been on satellite or cable (other then E4 on analogue cable). now what i dont understand is why do you want to change the EPG ? freesat & Sky FTA use the same satellites so you wont get anything extra. also you cant reprogram your Sky receiver as no 'hacks' as you put it have ever been published, thats not to say that they dont exist. Sky have lawyers that would come down on anyone heavily that did, the same as they would if anyone publicly hacked Videoguard. so in short unless you 'hack' & write a new EPG yourself you wont get one.
If you reply to a post that's 7 months old without making any allowances for discussion we've had since, you're bound to to get confused. Although I suspect getting confused is something that comes easily to you.