View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 12:00   #5400
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I am sure they could hike up their advertising costs throughout Europe (over the period of the contract) to cover the cost of the initial outlay.
OK, we're both now agreed that hiking up advertising rates throughout Europe will not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Do you seriously think Sky don't charge advertisers more during Super Sunder than they do during the European Tour Golf tournaments? That is where they can make their money back. I am not saying they will, it is just an option to a very unlikely scenario.
If advertising alone could cover the cost of Premier League matches then ITV would be bidding for them! With a cost per match of £6.53m for the current 2013-2016 rights, ITV could not make the figures work for them in 2012. I can't see that this will change now especially as the cost per match will certainly rise. Sorry to be a damp squib, I don't see advertising as an option to cover Eurosport's costs if it won a package(s) of matches.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostlam View Post
Neither do I, but it isn't on all packages on VM and Sky. I'm sure it has a standalone fee should you want it by itself.
For online subscriptions, it's £4pm* for a 12-month contract and £6pm* for a adhoc access (*less 1p).
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote