View Single Post
Old 24-04-2012, 11:27   #10
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: ZX Spectrum's chief designers reunited 30 years on

I bought several calculators in the mid 70's and early 80's costing from around £30 to well over £100.

According to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Cambridge

Quote:
The Cambridge was extremely small for a calculator of the time:[3] it weighed less than 3.5 ounces (99 g) and its size was 50x111x28mm.

A major factor in the Cambridge's success was its low price; the Cambridge was launched in August 1973, selling initially for GB£43.95.[1] In January 1974 the Cambridge was priced at £32.95 (£29.95 + VAT) fully assembled or £27.45 (£24.95 +VAT) as a kit..

Which sounds about right to me and given that my 5 1/2 day pw summer holiday job only paid me £11, that was a lot of money.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote