View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 14:58   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ryanair Censured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Im my opinon, Ryanair is a bad airline with a bad service, I will happy (except for its employees) when the airlies goes bust!
I agree about RyanAir being a bad airline, and they aren't always as cheap as they make out. For instance, a couple of years back, I went to Turkey for a friend's wedding. I didn't need accomodation, as the bride and groom had basically hired a local hotel, and it being a wedding, the bride and groom wanted to ensure that as many people as possible could make it, so they gave us plenty of notice. I did look at various airlines, but I actually found that if I added in a return fare, taxes and on board drinks, meals etc (assuming you want these) and transport between the airport and my destination, then travelling with Ryan Air (or, I think, Easyjet) was not actually much cheaper than Turkish Airlines. Ryan air was a few pounds cheaper, but I thought the advantages (food, drink, a good selection of TV shows, radio and movies on the In Flight Entertainment system and the fact that the Airport I was landing at was in Istanbul and not 30 mile drive away) far outweighed the costs.

However, unless Ryan Air really mess up their business model, or a major disaster happens (for the impact of this, look at how Lockerbie impacted Pan Am, they ceased operations shortly after), I doubt Ryan Air is going to fold any time soon.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote