View Single Post
Old 20-02-2012, 12:18   #1416
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: [Update] The News Corp scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I don't think any group or individuals emerge untainted by this. As you say, I think they'll all be a bit more careful about being so cosy with each-other, at least for a while.

Whilst not defending Murdoch's practices or those of his papers, we must remember that without his money and drive it's unlikely that BSkyB would be a serious contender in the broadcast field and that we would all be the poorer for that.
If BSkyB was not around then we would still have more Free-to-Air Sport and Great US Drama and Films

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
source

Hardly emasculated with a garanteed income, backed up by the law, every government of recent times extending the charter seemingly on-the-nod and an 81% news takeup.
But a News International/BSkyB would make more money than the BBC!

But I am not against a News Corp takeover of BSkyB, because they effectively own it!

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
The problem is that the BBC is more or less on a fixed budget due to it's income coming from license fees. BSkyB has it's hands free to operate more as a business.

This is why the BBC funding is outdated, and TV licenses need to be scrapped.
No, I feel that the BBC should take full control of the licence fee from the Government!

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
It's not often I say this, but I agree with you Alan.
Your welcome!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote