View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 15:53   #1100
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I'm really at a loss to understand why people want huge disks.

Even my elderly TiVo has a 1TB disk and, with only paltry MPEG2 encoding, it can store 120 hours of HD programs.

If, and I don't, have it full, when could I ever get round to watching all that material? Never and I'm retired and don't have to go to work 8 hours a day.

Why do people want to archive loads of material that they'll never, ever get round to watching?

People watch TV in different ways. Netflix, in particular has changed the way people consume TV; i.e. via watching whole seasons/series consecutively. Given that, especially at this time of year, when many new series/seasons start, which takes a lot of disc space if you are keeping each of them to watch from beginning to end.

Many people want more disc space for the above reasons. Just because it doesn't suit your viewing habits, doesn't make it invalid for the many other users who's viewing habits do fit that model and therefore require more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I would certainly make more use of on demand if the programmes were on there for a decent period of time. Deletion of shows on catch up after a week just doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. I only make use of catch up in emergencies!

Again, another reason for more disc space; who want's to sit through 'on demand' with enforced, adds that you can't skip, just because you don't have enough space to record them?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote