View Single Post
Old 15-04-2013, 12:33   #9
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: Blind drivers at the wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Well I wasn't thinking about pushing cars tbh as that's beyond many people and cars which break down often can't be pushed anyway. I was thinking more about the problem of being unable to see oncoming traffic for example when trying to get to safety out of a stranded car. Yes it is a problem already shared by some other groups of people but I do think the blind would be particularly vulnerable in such circumstances.

seen vids they very good picking up animals, people and cars hazards. The perception of danger quicker than human steers around or stops.

My only concern is the un normal such as madman deciding go down road wrong way. The system will only be as good as the programming coming from doing programming that biggest limitation on any system. If you dont programme every scenerio or the programmer limited in coding eventualities it will fail at somepoint get confused.

If there conflicting decisions it will either make a decision right or wrongly to the problem or shut down. We often have term called fuzzy logic our lifts go crazy at certain temprature. Sends you to wrong floor the comapny unable to solve it. So the risks assesment cant be done properly due nature of the device. Tske nuke the only time its fired in anger is only time you know software will work or fail. You can test software all you like in sims but unless you go through absolute every verable you cant give 100% approval.

Would the same issue happen so makes wrong decision due to corruption in data. Another concern outside sabotarge is it closed system or open if open can some scroat with laptop hijack the software re-programme or remote control it.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote