View Single Post
Old 14-01-2017, 15:28   #178
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Found a useful piece of info today.

They keep going on about mobilizing and about if you have some difficulty walking then it might be reasonable to use a wheelchair, even keeping it at the workplace. They insist they are easily obtained from a local NHS wheelchair service. Well guess what, it's not as easy as that.that combined with this
means that it is NOT reasonable to use a wheelchair solely for work. If you can walk enough to get around your home, you can't get a wheelchair.
Thanks for this, i'll pass this onto a welfare rights charity that I support.

Reading the additional problems caused to disabled people by this Government makes me want to weep.

The attempts to undermine the disabled and turn people against them by the Cameron administration certainly did work; attacks on the disabled are on the increase, both online and actual physical attacks.

I know of a young lady who was pushed to the ground and kicked in Blackpool just before Christmas. The reason? She was blind and had some learning difficulties.

I was hoping for a change of attitude from May after she made the sensible decision to exempt those who will never get any better from constant testing and retesting, but it looks like nothing else will improve eg ALL those who aren't exempt will be expected to take part in some form of work related activity!
RichardCoulter is online now   Reply With Quote