View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 13:00   #2602
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
thanks for that. Apart from the box being quicker, doesn't seem to be much more in it for me. I've got a 500gb Tivo that has never got above 60 percent.
Does it have all the same outputs as Tivo i.e scart & hdmi , and does it output from both simultaneously? Currently use TiVo's scart to output to a video sender which wirelessly sends to another TV.
It has no scart.
Due to the reason and that reason alone I have 2 boxes in my house and I have kept 1 TiVo so I can continue to use my Slingbox as that uses Scart like your video sender.

I already had a 1Tb TiVo so the storage part to me is no difference but it was a joy to use iPlayer finally with fast access and the whole 1 hour programme worked with no buffering or cutting out completely.
I know that could be due to location etc but it is connected wirelessly and hand no issues at all.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree that (for us, anyway), having six tuners may not increase the actual overall number of programmes we record, but my point was that those who make full use of the three tuners on the old Tivo will find that they still have to record in SD in order to have enough room for all they want to record.

My box was always between 80% and 95% full, which meant that I had to delete some programmes that I wanted to watch in favour of things that were a higher priority at regular intervals.

I am not a telly addict; I only watch about 2-3 hours per night Sunday to Thursday, and 2 or 3 hours more on Fridays and Saturdays, when I have late nights. So my programmes do build up, it's not as if I spend all day watching the TV, as some do!
I'm with you completely here my box is currently 88% full and this is 1TB and I record all HD if possible.
I watch a fair amount of tv and the wife says we should get more selective as we do watch what you could call trashy tv like Big Brother etc.
Anyway once the kids have gone to bed and we are settled down it's typically 8pm and we go to bed at 10pm to wake at 6am for work the next day. Therefore always steadily building a collection of peak time viewing material we can't watch in front of the kids typically.

I am currently using my new V6 to record HD versions of Sky Cinema films as they are not stored on demand in HD but don't get me started on that one.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote