View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 09:17   #2600
mike_gain
Inactive

mike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to beholdmike_gain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I agree. Those of us who find that three tuners are insufficient will find that they need more than 1TB.
Not entirely sure why that is the case. The V6 has more tuners but that doesn't mean more recordings it just means more parallel recordings rather than recordings being rescheduled throughout a given week. However the end result, i.e. total number of shows recorded in a given week, is much the same give or take the odd show that is watched and deleted with the current 3 tuner box before a rescheduled recording is made.

It could also be argued with 6 tuners the non HD +1 channels won't be needed for recording as often but the 3 tuner Tivo is pretty good at finding alternative HD recordings so I can't see the ratio of HD to SD recordings changing much for people either.

I guess what I'm saying is to use even more space than is currently being used more series links will need to be scheduled over an above what is being scheduled at the moment.
mike_gain is offline   Reply With Quote